At Village Gates, we specialise in wooden gates. From garden gates and side gates to driveway gates, we offer a wide range of gates that are carefully handcrafted by our fine woodworkers and individually tailored to your specifications. Our wooden gates are made using the best materials available and are fully customisable. You can choose what type of timber you want, what design you want, what colour/treatment you want and, of course, what size you want.
We sell all of our wooden gates online. The purpose of our online store is to make it as easy as possible for you to find the perfect gate. Perhaps the idea of buying a gate online, rather than at a physical store, sounds like a risk. But rest assured our service is reliable — we’ve built, sold and installed countless gates to many happy customers over the years. But how does buying a gate from Village Products work exactly? In this blog post, we’ll guide you through how our process works, from choosing the right type of gate to getting the specifications right. If you need help at any time throughout the process, simply use our handy “How To?” button in the top right corner of your screen.
Here’s How Our Wooden Gate Buying Service Works:
- Choose your gate — A garden gate, a driveway gate or a side gate.
- Choose what type of timber you want – Softwood or Hardwood.
For softwood gates, we use Scandinavian Redwood, a high quality, light-coloured timber that maintains its appearance for many years. It stains easily, allowing for a wide range of treatments. However, it will need regular maintenance.
If it’s durability you’re after, we recommend going with hardwood. This hard-wearing gate material will not only outlast softwood, but brings beauty and boldness to the exterior of your home. You can choose between Idigbo and Iroko hardwood, which are both sourced from West Africa and put to use by our fine woodworkers here at Village Products.
- Choose your style – Our wooden gates come in many different sleek designs, including Appleton, Cheshire and Village. Each gate comes with a picture of the design, so you’re able to choose the style that takes your fancy.
- Choose your size – Calculate your gate sizes and select the width and the height options from the dropdown menu to the nearest inch. You have the option of buying supporting posts for added stability.
- Choose your ironmongery – Such as hinge kits and locks, which are available in different finishes to suit your new gate. You can also browse our online ironmongery store if you need additional items like bolts, latches and catches.
- Choose your treatment – Finally, it’s time to decide on a colour. Light You can choose from Light Oak, Medium Oak, Dark Oak, Teak, Mahogany or a free Clear preservative. Treatment is supplied separately in 1litre tins of base coat and top coat for a full finish.
It’s as easy as that!
After you’ve ordered your gate on our online store, we’ll send you an email confirming all the items and sizes on the order list. We won’t start manufacturing the gate until those sizes have been confirmed, so you can make your order with peace of mind that everything is absolutely spot on. For single gates, allow up to 3 weeks for delivery. For double gates, allow up to 4 weeks for delivery. And for gate hardware, allow up to 5 working days. Village Products are based in Cheshire and can offer to find installation teams for you anywhere within 30 miles of us. So if you’re looking for a gate in Manchester, Chester, Warrington, Birchwood, Stockport or elsewhere in the North West, then look no further than Village Products. We also supply our products nationwide.
If you’re looking to buy a brand new, bespoke wooden gate online, get a free quote here or get in touch with us on 01925 967 071.